Monday, September 8, 2008

Training Continues during Hurricane Gustav


Well, I survived my first hurricane evacuation. On August 29th, I left the Big Easy and headed north as part of the first exodus of South Louisianans to flee from Hurricane Gustav. What I thought will be a few days ended up a full week at Mommy and Daddy's place. So, I (of course!), my important papers, computer, a few clothes (esp. my running shoes and accessories), a weather radio and dirty clothes packed the SUV, traveled to my safe space to camp out and watch the hurricane make landfall west of New Orleans.

Training continued. I just had to revamp and move runs on other days. It didn't stop progress. One of those times, my mother came with me and walked while I ran. It was cool. We had loads of fun!!! Anyhute, I just loved this trail (an old picture of the trail above). It's so cool. I want to run that again. (Plus, it just so happens to be right next door to the mall. . . Ummmmm, shopping and running sprinkled with some food. . .)

Lastly, I must give a shout out to the the other places I ran during this week. I ran around city hall and the baseball field for some of those days, as well. . . The hill wasn't so bad. . . ;-)

No comments: