Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week One!



The good points about running during this time are numerous. One point is the days are longer. Therefore, more daylight when you work longer than normal hours. The second is by having this goal, I'm able to appreciate some of the city's neighborhoods and good attributes. Third, I get to experiment with different terrains and slopes to build other muscles that I couldn't get if I was running the same places. . .

More importantly, I get to stretch myself in many different ways. I want this to be my new lifestyle. I have this great life, and I want to really appreciate it and savor it. Also, I want others to find out what is one thing (at least) they want to achieve and then do it. Running a marathon (well, I'm starting with the half with the goal of going to a full.) is something I always wanted to do. God knew it was a dream in my heart and Team in Training and I found our way to each other via God matchmaking. Now, who says God is not in the matchmaking business?!?!?!?!

Week one and I'm starting to run my first training miles. . .

Have a good one. . . :-D

No comments: