
I guess it's been a minute since I actually talked about the training. The main idea of this blog and essentially why I started it in the first place is to talk about the trials, successes and ah-ha moments of training. I mean the crux of training is running at least 3 times a day, cardio another 3 times a day (which I'm not the biggest fan of) and one day of rest/recovery.
The "hardest" part of training is doing it. The hardest part comes at the point between putting on your running clothes and shoes and going out for the run. Maybe it's the point when you are about 10 minutes into your one hour run and think, "I'm done." Sometimes, it's the point where you are stretching and you are already tired. Training is not that much different than following any other plan for your life-- grade progression, healthy eating/living, exercise regimen, house cleaning schedule, etc.
Nevertheless, training is going good. I recently completed a 6-mile run along the beautiful Northshore lakeview waterfront. It was a cool and sunny Saturday morning and somewhere between mile 3 or 4, I saw the sunrise over Lake Pontchartrain. Also, I got some new running shoes!!! Trust me when I tell you, these new running shoes has saved some aches and pains in my legs from my feet hitting the pavement/concrete without the proper stability and support.
More miles are a'coming. . . I just have to do it one step at a time. . .
Peace & Blessings---
Rozzyology
No comments:
Post a Comment