
A new addition to the blog is songs on the Ipod or the running play list. These are a sample of songs I listen to while running the miles. . . Enjoy!!! Each song has something in it that makes each step "easier". There's no particular theme, genre, age or identifiable thread as to why these songs are the ones I choose to listen to while running. More or less, there is something about each song that has a particular recognition for me and I feel it motivates me in someway or another. You can probably pick the obvious ones. (India.Arie doesn't count since I'm an India.Arie fan. So, she had to be apart of this play list.) Nevertheless, whatever you may feel about the particulars of a song, they all have something in them that motivates me to take a step and finish those miles.
However, when I think about my IPOD, I think about a message I gave this summer to the Southwest Region Young People's Department. I titled the message, "What's in Your IPOD?" as a metaphor or as a looking glass into our internal programs we have inside of us. Music, life, friends, careers/jobs, hobbies should be an extension of who you are. All of these things together may seem on the surface to be counterintuitive to one another, but if you really examine and take a step back to look, you will see some ongoing themes. Our life should be a hodge podge of experiences when put together makes this wonderful symphony (or gumbo if I was speaking food speak). We should be so eclectic that people want to be around us and people want to learn from us because they know we will continue to growth and expand thus making them want to grow and expand.
Endurance training/marathon running is about taking yourself (esp. your body/legs) to another level. It's about expanding and growing what you can do mentally, physically, emotionally and phsicology. Your internal personal odometer (IPOD)is the engine that drives you to accomplish your goals. What's in your IPOD? How, if at all, do you need to program it to go into a more deserving direction? What does your IPOD say about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment