Happy Monday and Happy New Year. . .
Are you ready?
I'm about to. . . do it. . .
Come on! You can do it too. . .
Let's do it together. . . On Three (3)
One. . .
Two. . .
Two and a half. . . .
Two and three quarters. . .
Two and five-eighths. . .
O.k. . . .
THREE!!! Press the reset button!
It's a new year and this is a good of time as any to press the reset button to restart or revamp the items I want to accomplish in the new year. I love this time of year because the air is filled with anticipation and hopefulness about the year to come. A way to give myself a New Year's pep talk is to remember this Bible verse from Philippians 3:13, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. . ." On my journey for a better self (spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional), there are plenty of times where I have to reach forth to the things that are before and forget (especially the mistakes or mishaps and the bad stuff done to you or you to yourself) those things which are behind me. . . One of my goals is to think of every day as New Years. Think about it! Tomorrow, like today, is a day I haven't seen or experience before. Have I experienced the Monday after a long holiday/ work vacation? Yes, I have. However, I haven't experienced January 3rd, 2011 before today. Thereby, this day is a new day in a new year. I want to wake up this day and every day I see on this side of the Earth as the present that God intended for the day to be.
I know some of us have those New Year's Resolutions. I kinda do. I take the New Year to reaffirm what I have been doing well, what I need to do better, what I should stop doing and what I should incorporate/add to do better. Although this is the time many people press reset on their clocks/lives, I don't make January 1st the deadline to start all of my resolutions. I believe in using the entire year to introduce new things into my life. I believe trying to stop smoking, loose weight, join a gym, sleep 8 hours a day, learn French and Spanish, travel to 8 countries, learn to crochet and sew, drink 8 glasses of water today, learn to ski, snowboard and hang glide, have a baby, get married, buy a house, buy a beach home, save $15,000 for your emergency cash fund, get out of debt, go back to school, take a writing and photography class, tutor young children, start a non-profit and a blog all began on January 1st by the end of the day you would have broken about 95% of your resolution. Whose to say that January 1st, you have to start with all of your resolutions? Why can't resolutions be dispersed throughout the year so you have something to look forward to you at different times in the year and you have some motivation at each season or month during the year. For me, the first three months of this year (1st quarter) is to continue with exercising three times a week (one of those days is with the personal trainer), write down what I eat in a food diary (which I got a new one courtesy of my mom! Yeah, Moms!!!) and blog at least twice a week.
New Year's is a time for new beginnings. Together, starting today, we can turn these new beginnings into our new reality. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment