I don't know what to do. I went to the gym on last Tuesday and was offered a chance to work out with a trainer once a week for a year ($30 a week). Normally, I would jump at the chance to do this and rework my budget for it. . . However, I feel conflicted. I feel I should use what's out there to inspire other people and be effective that way (you can loose weight without the extra expense). On the other side, included in the rate I have is the chance to have my story documented so other women in my age group and/or who wants to loose the amount of weight I want to loose as much as or more weight than me know my story and for inspiration. . .
After a few days, I decided personal training is helpful and I should use this asset and resource. It doesn't make me less than by using my assets and using them wisely. After my first session and taking the assessment test, I knew that going to the trainer was a great idea. I have more accountability and I have someone to bounce questions/suggestions/ideas off of about nutrition, weights, fat loss and muscle building. Plus my first session consists of finding out minimum and maximum heart rate, BMI, fat% and VO2 information. All of it can help me find out how to maximize my workouts to get the best results.
This journey is not only about my personal accountability and effort; but also it's about putting the tools in place to change the bad habits and create an environment of people and resources that support a healthy weight and eating habits.

No comments:
Post a Comment