You know what I hate. I hate how food places are so darn negligent and unconsciousness when it comes to making food good in flavor and reasonable in calories. I'm not the person who wants to eat 100 calories at EVERY meal. I just want reasonable calories for reasonable amount (size/portion) of food.
Today at a meeting, I was having a ham sandwich that was provided by the meeting host. My friend researched the calorie content of our sandwich and I almost had a conniption. . . 600 calories!!!
I'm so mad at food places for just being so careless and thoughtless. Now, I know it's not their responsibility to ensure I eat healthy. I know that I made the choice to eat the ham sandwich versus the veggie sandwich. I know I should have taken off the slice of cheese. I want some shared responsibility. I'm tired of being the one who has to do all the work. Don't get me wrong, I don't want this journey to be easy. I just want some shared responsibility and commitment between everyone in the community. Healthy eating should be a way of life not an alternative for those who must eat this way or want to eat this way. Healthy eating should be what you go to fast food places to order not the unhealthy stuff (unless you want to pay a premium for it). I know that profit, cost and revenue/price are tied to and associated with what we eat. How can a profit-generated company become and embodied the principles and actions of a social responsible company for the health needs of its buyers?
Another reason of my pissosity, I want to get to that place where eating is not this chore or agonizing roads choosing between less despair and more despair. I want to get to a place where I can enjoy food again and I'm not second guessing and/or over analyzing why I'm eating this at this time or place for this reason. I want eating to be fun again and to spend my time where I'm thinking/worrying about what I eat on something else. . .
**Sigh***
No comments:
Post a Comment