I wish I can take credit for these good to great tips on eating healthy, but I can't. I read this on facebook (which has this new feature about asking questions to other Facebook-ers but I'm digressing) and the tips were simple, easy and effective small tweeks to make the change for a healthier lifestyle and permanent weight elimination. The author provides great tips, so I'm sharing it with everyone!
Enjoy!
************************
Mindset is #1 at all times. Every single decision you make, from whether or not to work out, to choosing between soda or water, must be thought of in this way: Is this action taking me further, or closer to, my goal?(make goals!) Every time you look in the mirror, imagine yourself fit, even ripped. Plan what excersizes and foods your going to eat the next day, as if they are part of your planned schedule, which brings me to the next point.
Knowledge. If you are interested, ravage the internet for sites. Google is your best friend. Knowledge is so important because you might have the intention of being healthy while not actually doing it. For example, I used to pound orange juice thinking I was being healthy until I learned that it has as much sugar as soda. Learn how to read labels. Google things like "clean eating" and "six pack diet"...and, "fat burning exercises" or whatever, and, find multiple sources.
Keep those in mind and it will fall into place. Also keep in mind, don't go on a "diet" which is lame. Create a lifestyle. Its not as hard as you think, because once your brain is filled with information and your habits have formed around it, you won't even WANT to go back... I used to chow down a double bacon cheeseburger at 2 in the morning without thinking...and I loved it and it was tasty as hell, but now, that would totally gross me out. Mindset mindset mindset.
To end here's a few simple rules of thumb to start off with that you must follow.
■Eat alot of protein, and keep your protein lean. Eggs, fish, chicken, beef occasionally.
■Carbs- Avoid white, refined carbs completely, its literally junk food. Replace pasta, white rice and white bread with the wheat/brown versions, always choose wheat. Also keep them early. Avoid at night.
■Fat- Fat is NOT the same as body fat! Eat a good amount of it! Here's the catch- not all fats are created equal, when you look at the nutrition facts, don't let high fat contents on the 'total fat' section deter you. Its SATURATED fats you need to avoid. Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated fats are healthy, so eat lots of nuts, olive oil and avocados.
■Stay away from sugar its evil. And with everything I mean in moderation of course, going back to mindset, choose to put one instead of two packets in coffee, or maybe none at all. Don't be an extremist, eat chocolate once in a while just not as a habit.
■Eat many times a day, always eat breakfast, never binge, don't eat late.
■Lift weights and do cardio, in whatever form works for you. Some people like jogging, some like swimming. Try everything at least, before you know it you'll be excited to try different forms of cardio that challenge various aspects of athleticism.
Fill in the rest of the details with the knowledge found on your internet quest, imagine yourself as ripped and it will happen. Results kick ass.
What Is the Best Way to Lose Weight?

No comments:
Post a Comment